Riverbend is led by a management team that is both skilled and experienced. Our team has over 150 years of energy experience and executes all of our engineering, geology, finance, accounting and land functions internally with industry standard software and processes. Riverbend’s greatest asset is its dynamic team.
Formed in March 2003, Riverbend has closed over 100 transactions including acquisitions and divestitures, drilling partnerships and equity investments. Historically, our core business has been E&P producing property and drill-bit ready acquisitions. We are currently active in multiple drilling opportunities as we continue to seek out operated and non-operated working interest, mineral and royalty acquisitions. We take pride in being a partner of choice and in closing transactions in all market cycles.
Riverbend is a team owner/managed firm and has been an equity partner with many outside institutions (including Diverse Energy Investments, EnCap Investments, Kayne Anderson, Blackstone and TwoSigma) and banks (Bank Of Texas, BNP Paribas and Wells Fargo). Riverbend is well versed in various types of transactions including multi-property and multi-state property sales, corporate stock transactions and public or private company dealings.
Riverbend seeks to (a) acquire a diverse set of operated, non-operated and royalty properties in basins with a base level of geologic/engineering statistics and (b) participate in “engineering based”, drill-bit ready drilling projects.
Producing Property Acquisition Criteria
Properties in all major basins in the Lower 48 states of the U.S. - current focus on the Midland Basin, Eagle Ford Shale, Williston Basin and the Mid-Continent
Attack delineated and de-risked basins with appropriate performance data whereby technical and acquisitions models can be used to swiftly act on value-oriented growth investments
Drilling Opportunity Criteria
- Investment opportunities with operators that have been in the project for a period of time and have significant investment exposure along-side Riverbend
- Geologic targets that have historically produced with a reasonable type curve of expected recovery with a future of expansion of repeatable opportunity (statistics, acreage footprint)
- Drilling has exposure to significant “running room” with additional acreage already captured and/or active leasing program with an area of mutual interest (“AMI”)
- Operating partner has the operating expertise in house (and/or under contract) to reliably execute drilling and completion plans within a tolerance of estimated costs
- Focused - On Being Highly Competent, Value-Added Partners
- Experienced - Engineers, Investors & Custodians Of Energy Assets
- Responsive - To Ongoing Project, Duties & Relationships
- Character - In Dealings With Each Other, Industry & Our Community